Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My City My OPINION

I Was born in Puerto Rico, left at the age of 7 and since then I lived the rest of my life in a place that's consider the city where nobody sleeps ; NEW YORK CITY! When you're in the highway and you look at all those lights you fall in love with the city. It looks beautiful and full of life. All those lights really fools you I know I was the first time I stepped New York. I saw it as marvelous place that many will give their lifes to be in. But I never put myself to think of all the wasted of lifes that occurred there .
I'm a seventeen years old that lives in the Bronx and everywhere I go around the city i carry my phone to communicate with my mother and for her to make sure I'm safe. Now and days is not even safe to carry a phone around because when you lease expect it it will be snatch out of your hands or even get pressed to give it away. This is what this city offers me in life; to be scared to use my phone when is needed, to look around in every type of angle to know whats around me because I don't know what could happen in any second. Its sad to see all those drug addicts and homeless considering the train stations their shelter. It's ridiculous how gangs is what define teenagers these days. and it embarrasses me of girls my age giving their bodies away for money.
This is stuff I sometimes run into in the city that city that's supposedly enchanting by its building,people, fashion and lights. How is it possible for a city with so much light to be surrounded with so much darkness. All the lights from the city flashes you away from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment